The NFVF, an agency of the Department of Arts and Culture, hereby invites South African filmmakers to apply for the South Africa-Brazil Co-production Forum to be held at the Durban Film Mart during the Durban International Film Festival which takes place from the 16th until the 26th July 2015.
This initiative is in recognition of the pending signing of the South Africa – Brazil Co-production Treaty. The meeting will take place side by side five (5) Brazilian and five (5) South African producers with specific projects that represent job opportunities between the two countries, enhance the real possibilities of co-productions between them.
This is the second session hosted by the NFVF and Agencia Nacional do Cinema (ANCINE), having previously collaborated at the Cannes Film Festival in 2014. The first meeting was a general introduction of the Brazilian and South African markets and inform producers about film possibilities in the two countries.
The Producers must be experienced and satisfy the following criteria:
- Have a registered production company.
- Have a firm and informed understanding of finance structures and incentives
- Understanding of legal processes (contracts/co-production agreements)
- Knowledge of international markets (festivals, markets, sales)
- Synopsis of the project(s) in mind for a co-production with Brazil.
The closing date for applications is 5th July 2015. Selections will be made according to the above criteria and successful applicants will be notified by 8th July 2015.
To apply for participation at the NFVF-ANCINE Forum email: email@example.com